In the midst of an uncertain time as we all adjust to a new normal, many couples are choosing to host smaller, more intimate, ceremonies in their homes and postpone a larger celebration for later. To help you plan your home event, here is a checklist of essential things you should plan to make sure your day goes as smoothly as possible.
- Flooring (this is important if you’re choosing to host an outdoor event)
- Air Conditioning/Fans
- Ceremony Backdrop
- Ceremony and Reception Chairs
- Bars and Barware
- Food Prep Areas (Refrigeration, Transport, Safety)
- Food Serving Areas
- Renting Dishes, Flatware, Glassware, Napkins, Food Displays
- You should always order extras of everything just in case.
- Ask your vendors about their attire, make sure what they are wearing would be professional or would be appropriate for your event.
- Hire a service to clean up/remove the trash after your event.