The entertainment can make or break your reception. Long after the food, flowers and location of your reception have been forgotten, your family and friends will always remember if they had a good time! But how do you know which DJ to choose?
One of the first things you should do when searching for a DJ is to get references from get references from other brides who they have worked with. Once you have your recommendations, it is time to begin the interview process. You should interview 2 to 3 DJs for your big day. If you like their style and decide to pursue the interview further, here are some of the many important questions you should ask your potential DJ:
1) How many years of experience do you have?
2) Are you familiar with our venue?
3) Are you going to be the DJ we get if we hire you, or will it be one of your partners?
4) How many people will you bring to the event?
5) Will you cover your own parking (if in NYC or City with parking issues)?
6) What kind of power requirements do you have?
7) How many weddings do you do in a weekend?