Your wedding ceremony should reflect the values of your relationship. The right officiant will take the time to understand your personalities so that he can set the tone of your big day. A pandit or priest brings his own personality to a wedding. It is important that the pandit’s personality and the personality of you and your fiancé as a couple align. When considering a pandit, you will need to discuss his or her beliefs concerning marriage and each person’s role in the marriage. Below are a few questions that are important to ask your pandit.
1) Will we have to provide your travel and accommodations or will you take care of that on your own?
2) Will your have anyone with you (i.e. an assistant)?
3) Does you have a set program that you follow and what is the order of the events?
4) How long is the ceremony? Can he do a shorter ceremony?
5) Do you have to provide the items needed to perform the ceremony or will he bring this?
6) Can you recite your own vows?
Whomever you choose, make sure you are comfortable with his services and you both understand what has been agreed upon for the ceremony. Most priests or pandits do not have a contract but it is highly recommended that you have this.