This week we had an incident that the hotel was contracted for $169 and the rate dropped to $129… what can you do to secure the lowest rate.. read on:
1. Be as accurate as possible when shopping for hotel rooms.. if you think you are going to have only 10 rooms pick up, then get your block for 5 rooms for Thurs, 10 rooms for Fri and 10 rooms for Sat night.
2. Avoid Binding Contracts that make you pay for unused rooms (called Attrition)
3. Call a few hotels to compare prices and then tell the hotels what you are getting at other hotels.. see if they will match or beat the price.
4. Ask about welcome bag delivery policy as most brides what a welcome bag handed out to guests. Does the hotel charge for this? Can you avoid this charge somehow?
5. Get parking rates.. most major cities, parking is not free and sometimes upwards of $35/day. See if they will give you min 5 overnight parking passes
6. Ask to get into the contract a clause that says that if the room rates drop, you will received the new lower pricing.. your guests will be happy as well to know that now they are paying less.
We were very happy that our client did receive the lower $129 rate.