When getting lighting information, whether from your DJ or Lighting vendor, you may not be familiar with the lighting jargon used and may be confusing at first. Here are some common terms to help you understand your lighting needs and contract.
- Moving Heads: Intelligent lighting that has programed abilities beyond those of traditional, stationary illumination. This light can produced complex effects and makes, spot lighting and gobos for events much easier than stationary illumination.
- Uplights: The use of lighting to project against a wall or vertical service to create a nice colorful addition. These lights can be one solid color or lights that change colors.
- Stage Wash: Lighting that illuminates the stage in an even tone while setting the desired mood or tone. This can be done with a solid color or patterns.
- Dance Floor Wash: Lighting that subtly illuminates the entire dance floor in an even tone without the brightness of a spot light and sets a mood or tone. This can be done with a solid color or patterns.
- Pin Spots: A focused beam of light that shines directly onto an object, such as a centerpiece or wedding cake producing a highlight effect.
DANCE FLOOR WASH
UPLIGHTS, MOVING HEADS, DANCE FLOOR AND STAGE WASH AND PIN SPOTS