As you return from your honeymoon, the thought of writing personal thank-you notes to all of your guests may seem daunting, but definitely not impossible with these tips:
1. Save your guest list you used for your invitations. This saves yourself time and energy and already gives you a head start.
2. Traditionally, thank-you notes from newlyweds are written in black or blue ink on folded notepaper in ivory or white. Personal stationary has become more popular over the years. Monogrammed note cards are the new trend. Important to remember not to use your married name until after the wedding.
3. General rule is to send a thank-you note 2 weeks after you receive a wedding gift before the wedding. This saves you some thank you notes after the wedding and you can immediately check off these names after the cards have been sent.
4. It is appropriate to send out thank-you notes to wedding guests within the month after you return from your honeymoon.
5. Make sure each thank-you note is personalized. Mention the gift if you received one. You can create a template for guests you are not as familiar with.
Here are some Examples of Thank-you Notes:
Thank-you note for a gift from your registry:
Thank you so much for the crystal champagne flutes. We now have a complete set! _______ and I look forward to your next visit, when we can enjoy a drink together. Thank you again for thinking of us during this special time in our lives.
Thank-you note for guests who gave cash as a gift:
Thank you for your gift! We intended to purchase a new living room set by the end of the year, but thanks to you, we will have the new set sooner that we thought. Again, thank you for thinking about us and joining us in celebrating our special day.
Thank-you note for guest who attended the wedding:
Thank you for taking the time to share our special day with us. Your presence made our celebration more special.
With these tips your thank-you card will be signed, sealed and delivered with ease.