With the ongoing pandemic, a new type of wedding has emerged: Micro-Weddings. Having to adjust to the ever changing restrictions and state regulations due to COVID-19, couples have had to re-evaluate their weddings plans and guest lists to only include the essential few. Planning an intimate 20 person wedding gives you the opportunity to have your dream florals, your ultimate culinary menu, while keep yourself and your guests safe. Here are some ways to make your micro-wedding special:
- Select a unique venue, such as a yacht or rooftop or private estate. No longer limited by large guest counts, locations that were typically not conducive for a wedding have now become a creative option.
- Include a zoom link in your invitations for your extended family and friends you are not able to physically invite. Your loved ones can still be a part of your celebrations virtually.
- Have your dream wedding design. The unattainable over-the-top wedding florals coveted by many on social media can now become your reality. With just only 2 or 3 tables, you CAN have your larger than life centerpieces.
- Buffets and self serve stations are a thing of the past now. Due to state regulations, a plated sit down dinner or stations with chef attendants are becoming the new norm. Take this an an opportunity to curate a phenomenal lavish menu of multiple courses, include things like an amuse bouche or intermezzo.
- Consider special wine or cocktail pairings for each course to enhance your menu. Depending on which state you are getting married in, dance floors can be prohibited. Since dancing can be eliminated from your reception program, why not focus on the food and beverages to give your guests a tantalizing culinary experience like never before.