The selection of proper clothing for your couples’ photos is a critical factor in the preparation for a successful session with your photographer. “What should I wear to the photo shoot”, is a question we get asked all the time. We interviewed one of our favorite photographers, Priyanca Rao, and here is what she told us:
- Dark clothing tends to slenderize – try and be in one color vs. multiple colors.
- Bright colors are a must – this will help you standout from the background.
- Prints and patterns are a definite NO. This includes logos. Solid colors are more in fashion and it simplifies the composition.
- Avoid short sleeve clothing and short pants.
- Don’t over accessorize! Wear things that are small and pieces that do not draw attention
- Makeup, Hair, and Nails are a must! Make sure you get your hair and makeup professionally done.
- Clothing should not be too tight or too loose.
- Do not match your partner. Complimentary colors are great but as a couple, you do not need to wear the same exact colors.